Vegetable Chow Mein Recipe for 2
- 3 spring green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves finely chopped/ 2 tsp garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (optional)
- 1 cup mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 broccoli roughly chopped
- 160g sugar snap peas halved lengthwise
- 160g baby corn halved lengthwise
- 180g baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 150g egg noodles dry weight, cooked and cooled
- Fresh chopped chillies to serve (optional)
- In a hot wok (large frying pan), add a splash of vegetable oil. Then, add the garlic, ginger, broccoli and peppers. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, spring onion, sugar snaps and corn. Fry for a further 5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked but still firm.
- Add the baby spinach and soy sauce. Fry until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the cooked noodles, toss to combine. Season with lemon juice, chilli and more soy sauce if necessary.
For our Food Technology unit, we looked at seasonal vegetables and identified a variety of different items.
We chopped and diced a variety of vegetables and learnt how to use a knife correctly.
Once we had cooked the vegetable chow mein, we tasted and and evaluated it against our expectations.
Some of us loved it, others thought we could add more flavour.